Boutique Crawl- It's not just for art anymore: Part 1
Though I love being an artist, designing and making jewelry is only half of my job. There’s a whole other side to being a successful entrepreneur, including the marketing and sale of my jewelry! Luckily, in Nashville, there are plenty of amazing boutiques whose owners are just as passionate about handmade, original, and local products. I’m fortunate to have worked with many local boutiques who help me connect with shoppers (like you!) and handle sales so that I can focus on my craft. Looking for a shop to find something truly unique in Nashville? I’ve listed five of my favorite Music City boutiques below.
1. Castilleja is a fun little spot in the Edgehill neighborhood. The owner, Liz, is always finding new treasures to stock her shelves with. Castilleja has a Southwestern-inspired style and carries everything from upscale candles to mini cacti, which I must say complement my jewelry quite well! It’s the perfect spot to find a gift for a friend or pick up a one-of-a-kind item for your wardrobe or interior.
2. Stacey Rhodes Boutique is worth the drive down to Brentwood, trust me! Stacey is a graduate of O’More College of Design, where I teach classes -- so she has a degree in style. Visit her shop to see clothing and accessories from well-known designers, as well as cutting-edge items from emerging artists. Fun fact: her shop is apparently one of Carrie Underwood’s favorite retail therapy spots.
3. Native and Nomad is located in Hillsboro Village, meaning it’s the perfect stop on a day of shopping and exploring the city. This upscale boutique has men’s and women’s clothing and a large selection of accessories. True to its “native” name, Native and Nomad does not stock any products made outside of the USA. And many of its products, including Lock & Key jewelry of course, are made right here in Nashville.
4. House Of is a cool little boutique that just opened thanks to the efforts of some Belmont students. This shop only sells products made right here in Music City. I love the concept of House Of and am honored to be included in their curated collection of Nashville art and fashion!
5. Abednego is a Germantown gem worth seeing. This little shop carries men’s and women’s items as well as a bunch of fun gifts and accessories that you won’t find anywhere else. Only open for a year, Abednego has already established a reputation for being equally awesome and affordable. I love going in and seeing what treasures the owner, Meredith, has brought in to share with the community.
And that’s just the beginning! There are so many wonderful shops and boutiques in Music City that you’ve got to see. Want to know what other must-shop spots are on my list? Drop me a line and I’d be happy to point you in a stylish direction.